The Effect of the Consumer Price Index on Inflation in Indonesia during the Pandemic


Authors : Naura Nadiva; Nurafni Eltivia; Nur Indah Riwajanti

Volume/Issue : Volume 6 - 2021, Issue 12 - December

Google Scholar : http://bitly.ws/gu88

Scribd : https://bit.ly/31Chexe

Indonesia as a developing country needs to maintain the stability of its economic growth. The price level is one of the stability factors in economic growth. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of the Consumer Price Index on inflation in Indonesia during the pandemic. This study uses a simple linear regression analysis technique. The data used are Consumer Price Index (CPI) data and inflation data for 2016-2020 obtained from Statistics Indonesia. The results showed that the CPI had no significant effect on inflation in Indonesia. The value of R Square which shows the magnitude of the influence between CPI and inflation is 2.3%, the remaining 97.7% is influenced by other variables that are not included in this research model. The significance of the regression value can be seen from the results of t-count. The t-count value is 1.18 > 0.05. In addition, the P-value of the CPI is 0.24 > 0.05. So the researcher concludes that the CPI has a negative and insignificant effect on inflation in Indonesia.

Keywords : Consumer Price Index, Inflation, Simple Linear Regression.

CALL FOR PAPERS


Paper Submission Last Date
30 - June - 2022

Paper Review Notification
In 1-2 Days

Paper Publishing
In 2-3 Days

Never miss an update from Papermashup

Get notified about the latest tutorials and downloads.

Subscribe by Email

Get alerts directly into your inbox after each post and stay updated.
Subscribe
OR

Subscribe by RSS

Add our RSS to your feedreader to get regular updates from us.
Subscribe