Evaluation of Bending Strength of Natural Jute Fiber Reinforced Hybrid Composite Subjected to SENB Specimens

Authors : Prashanth S J; Manjunatha H L; Dr K G Satish

Volume/Issue : Volume 7 - 2022, Issue 3 - March

Google Scholar : http://bitly.ws/gu88

Scribd : https://bit.ly/3JlCvfb

DOI : https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6366707

Nowadays, hybrid composites are new class of developing materials due to their unique properties such as light weight, good mechanical properties and low cost compared to other synthetic fiber composites. In this investigation, an attempt is made to study the bending strength of natural jute fiber reinforced hybrid composite subjected to SENB specimens as per ASTM standard. Jute/glass fibers are used as reinforcing materials and epoxy used as matrix with coconut shell powder and egg shell powder as secondary filler materials. The total volume fraction of fibers is 60% with remaining 40% of epoxy resin including hardener. The fabrication of composite was carried out using hand lay-up technique. It was observed that the bending strength of the hybrid composite specimen is greater in equal volume fraction of Jute and Glass fiber. The bending strength is maximum for equal percentage of jute and glass fiber in case of notch along width and notch along both thickness and width.

Keywords : Secondary Fillers, Hand layup, Hybrid composite, Bending strength.


Paper Submission Last Date
31 - December - 2023

Paper Review Notification
In 1-2 Days

Paper Publishing
In 2-3 Days

Video Explanation for Published paper

Never miss an update from Papermashup

Get notified about the latest tutorials and downloads.

Subscribe by Email

Get alerts directly into your inbox after each post and stay updated.

Subscribe by RSS

Add our RSS to your feedreader to get regular updates from us.